Thursday, May 5, 2011

All Over The Place

I may make this the most boring post yet. But Sofia and I go to a Christian School. (Like it's all semi-perfect and you have to have all your homework in and all that fun stuff)

And if you recall I do sports. And my P.E. teacher/basketball coach said one thing at practice or a game (I can't remember...)

"You girls need to know that you aren't gonna master or be perfect at basketball."

O.o

Well, I know we aren't perfect is the first thing. We have a sister pair (one's an eighth grader and one's in my class) and they think THEY ARE ALL PERFECT! :(  Each time after we do a few laps around the gym, they say, 'most of them cut the lines while running! CHEATERS!'.
I may do that sometimes by mistake, but them just thinking they're the perfect person in the world makes me sick. The older one today at track sat out because she 'hurt' herself. If you meet me in real life, you may never hear me say that about anybody! And then the older goes around and says these hurtful things about my friend, Sarah.
Now Sarah is in her class and really nice. I love Sarah because she encourages ALL people. Not just her friends. She knew me and my friend Damita in kindergarten and Damita always asked her to tie her shoes. And Sarah would do it and treat Damita higher than herself. Like in Romans 12:10 in the Bible.

 But anyways, I know I am not perfect. Our teachers, faculty, and friends expect too much because they think we're perfect. Well if you go to a Christian school, doesn't mean you're a Christian.

My teacher said that and he had a long talk with us about it. Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian. Yes. I do fail at basically every thing I do. Ask Sarah, Sofia, Kelly, or Abie (Read Glee, Soccer, and Friends). This makes ME human, because last time I checked, Adam and Eve did sin. And since WE are ALL on of their descendants, therefore we sin. It makes us human.


So if you're reading this, I encourage you to take 3 things from this:

  1. WE AREN'T PERFECT! I don't care what your parents say about you being the perfect child, you aren't perfect in God's eyes.
  2. FAILING MAKES US HUMAN! I missed over 50 shots, bumps, runs, and heats. But it makes me a human.
  3. And three, GOD IS THE PERFECT ONE! God is perfect and we aren't for a reason. If we were perfect, well, this world would have chaos...

I'm gonna use my real name,

Kaleigh <3

2 comments:

  1. kuh-lie,

    i love you for writing this, as a friend.

    sarah (sofia, not the other sarah that was mentioned)

    ReplyDelete